Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
- Chester, VA
What you'll be doing
- Ensures/coordinates compliance with all OSHA, EPA, DOT, and company policy procedure requirements for HSE construction activities. Revises existing HSE materials, programs, systems or procedures for all construction assigned facilities within the business segment. Develops new training materials, programs, systems or procedures for construction related HSE issues. Prepares and obtains HSE permits or approvals. Prepares formal comments on new rules and regulations for submission to state or federal agencies. Acts as a company representative for interaction with regulatory agencies, inspections, etc. Collaborates with peers to prepare policies, plans and procedures to be implemented across multiple business units. Develops or oversee the development of site specific safety plans, local and state safety committees, investigation or remediation work plans, etc. Effectively works independently or as a member of a project team or leader of a project team of coordinators.
What your background should be
- Work independently and use professional judgment. One to five years of experience in one or more of the functional areas such as occupational safety, environmental, auditing, regulatory compliance, etc. or academic equivalent preferred. Ability to compose technical information, prepare manuals, policies, procedures and scripts. Diversified and thorough knowledge of state and federal HSE regulatory programs required, with natural gas distribution specific knowledge preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree in environmental science, safety, or other HSE related field.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest fully regulated utility companies.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org