- Des Plaines, IL
What you'll be doing
- Maintains a current awareness of the abilities and limitations of each field/external staff member. Demonstrates good managerial judgment in assigning duties appropriate to each individual. Consistently counsel field/external staff members to provide exceptional customer service. Maintains an active involvement in issues of cost containment; effectively utilizes nurses when assigning cases. Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems; uses initiative and good judgment to reach quality decisions. Demonstrates an active and positive role in evaluating staff performance, participates with the clinical supervisor in performance management of the nursing staff demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly and actively listens. Maintains an excellent rapport with clients and caregivers and effectively promotes harmonious interpersonal relationships. Provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, continually monitoring and thoroughly evaluating the services given to clients associated with the company. Assist in provision of orientation for new staff members.
What your background should be
- The applicant should have experience in related field. Must have good communication skills. Multitasking ability must. Basic computer skills must. Advanced knowledge in Microsoft suits Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- Provides pediatric skilled nursing, pediatric therapy, and behavioral health and autism services, as well as adult home health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org