Enterprise Applications Analyst
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- The IS specialist / junior database administrator / software support analyst reports directly to IS manager and is responsible for software troubleshooting and analyzing scenarios to reproduce errors to corporate and production ERP (sage 500 and related software) systems independently. The IS specialist is responsible for implementing applications solutions and technical requirements of large and small scale projects in support of companies enterprise business systems. Act as a first line of trouble shooting for sage 500 ERP, EDI and related software. Test and debug new software versions of sage 500 ERP (MAS 500) and related software. Document, analyze, and track user issues for internal and external software development resources to ensure sufficient information is available to effectively track down and correct issues. Determine and test scenarios to reproduce user errors. Recommend and implement solutions for improvements and error (bug) corrections. Participate in the testing of programs and systems to ensure proper functionality. Translate QA findings into technology requirements. EDI transaction issue support (GUI and flat file issues). Create, and run new and prebuilt SQL scripts in SQL server management studio to fix known data errors. Fix known data errors utilizing appropriate programming tools and resources. Organize business and operations data from several sources into technical options, user specifications, cost estimates and timelines. Organize data analysis results, recommendations and business designs into a clear concise format for communication to all levels of management associated with or interested in the project. Obtain agreement on the business needs, as well as functional and technical requirements across all business functions. Organize all aspects of the chosen project into a complete concise project plan. Involved with users/customers in prioritizing new business/IT projects programs, enhancement projects for existing systems and system maintenance requests. Server and network environment troubleshooting, maintenance, and support, maintain updated knowledge and proficiency with standard concepts, practices and procedures for technology implementations. Works closely with other members of the IS team on projects.
What your background should be
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 2 years in data analysis, software support and/or data quality review. Knowledge and experience working with an ERP system from a technical perspective is essential. Sage 500 ERP is preferred. Thorough knowledge of MS SQL and TSQL including SQL server management studio and SQL server profiler. Versions 2005 and 2012r2 preferred. Knowledge and experience with ETL processes and data integration. Knowledge and experience with flat files (CSV) and FTP processing. Knowledge and experience working with EDI integration platform and translator.NET and web programming knowledge and experience desirable. Knowledge and experience working with VMware and Citrix desirable. Knowledge and experience configuring, troubleshooting server and network environments desirable. Experience troubleshooting, analyzing and documenting software operational issues . Must be detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of QA methodology and process improvement. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels. Confident and energetic self-starter with good follow-through. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Required Schooling / Training
- A bachelors degree or equivalent practical directly related business experience.
Who is the client company
- The company provides integrators access to the industries top brands and integrated solutions for residential and commercial video, audio, lighting control, content management, whole home and business automation and control, as well as digital signage, commercial solutions, and complimentary design services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org