- Shakopee, MN
What you'll be doing
- Directing cutting-edge, scalable and flexible systems integration engineering (sie) architecture for some of the worlds best data storage products. Leveraging advanced subject matter expertise into the successful design of new products for the emerging enterprise ssd market. Directing and applying sie processes and methodologies in a way that achieves enterprise-class performance and reliability. Addressing the needs of challenging and competitive new product roadmaps. Growing as a subject matter expert (sme) in sie within a world leading company. Managing and delivering on all aspects of testing to ensure that firmware delivered meets product and customer expectations. Ensuring stakeholder, customer and product expectations align with ones testing strategies and processes. Understanding sie architecture in a way that addresses major product requirements and positively impacts ssd performance and reliability. Partnering with highly skilled and experienced development managers to establish milestones, deliverables and criteria for success on development plans. Acting as a primary point of contact in support of code releases. Developing test metrics that effectively track firmware/feature performance and code quality for trunk and customer-specific features. Drive corrective actions on issues so as to meet or exceed customer expectations and timelines as well as product enhancements. Drive proactive process improvements ensuring that each product is qualified and tested to the highest of customer standards before volume production is engaged. Strengthens the sie organization through training, leadership, organizational structure, process improvement and discipline. Fiscal responsibility for the sie organizations expenses (forecasting and oversight). Addressing the needs of challenging and competitive new product roadmaps.
What your background should be
- 5+ years of experience in firmware or embedded system software development or testing management experience. 5+ years of experience in leading or formal-management-of a team that has direct responsibility for systems integration engineering. Candidate needs to be highly motivated to achieve excellence in his or her work including but not limited to on-time delivery of projects and overcoming advanced technical challenges. Must have a passion for and industry experience in product and firmware testing. Effective communication skills in both technical presentations and when engaged in internal and external project negotiations. Candidate must be willing to travel on occasion. Prefer direct experience in developing enterprise class ssd or hdd systems integration engineering (sie) teams and programs. Experience managing capital and operational budgets. Highly self-motivated with a positive attitude and excellent teamwork, technical and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully promote innovative concepts and new ideas from development to productization.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related field. Prefer master degree in computer science, electrical or related field.
Who is the client company
- This is an American-founded data storage company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org