Engineer (Specialty-Network Engineer & Operations)
- Cary, NC
What you'll be doing
- Engineer speciality network engineer & operations is responsible for monitoring and surveillance of the companies global MPLS(private IP) and switched ethernet services networks. The specialist will monitor the alarming platforms, ETMS/V repair ticket queues, and EMS integrated network management system for network impacting events. The specialist will be responsible for the maintenance and surveillance of the following layer 2/3 network elements: Cisco 6509/7609/ESR/GSR/ASR, Juniper M320/T640/T1600/MX950, Tellabs 8860, Alcatel 7450/7950 and legacy frame network. The specialist will be responsible for troubleshooting line hardware on the routers and interfacing with technical support and the vendor for advanced support as well as many other internal company transport teams.
What your background should be
- 3-5 years of job related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is desireable. Strong interpersonal, writing and problem solving skills are required. Ability to generate, drive and update problem tracking tickets via multiple systems. Work with external and internal company organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events. Ability to provide timely and accurate network information to both management and other groups during network events and major outages. Must be familiar with TCP/IP, Ethernet, MPLS, Cisco and ALU. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fundamental knowledge of operations procedures and proven ability to perform in a fast paced environment while adhering to established guidelines. Normally receives general instructions on recurrent and/or routine work assignments. The candidate must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of specialized telecommunications equipment and technologies (Cisco, Nortel, Alcatel, Juniper, legacy TDM and ethernet transport technologies), processes and systems as well as department and company policies and procedures. Knowledge of routing protocols, tools and experience with internal systems (i.e. IMPACT, ETMS,CMIS, OASIS, MASTARS) is highly desired. Vendor certifications are strongly desired.
Required Schooling / Training
- An associate degree in computer science, electronics or other technical area highly preferred.
Who is the client company
- The company provides wireless services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org