Engineer Senior Wireless Translations
- Atlanta, GA
What you'll be doing
- Senior Wireless Translations requires good knowledge of principles, practices and procedures applied in providing advice and consultation on RF engineering matters. Work with minimum supervision, conferring on technical issues only for unusual situations. Within the context of job responsibilities, assignments require originality, ingenuity, and considerable latitude for un-reviewed decision-making. Responsibilities include linking budget analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity, initial system design and dimensioning, site identification and evaluation and zoning analysis. The area of responsibility will generally cover, several of the following activities such as Perform UARFCN, Primary Scrambling Code, Physical Cell Identifier, and Femto Retunes on Ericsson or ALU. Perform necessary KPI Monitoring, system check audits on Retune related activities. Communicate with market on strategy and logistics of UARFCN layer management. Analyze CIQ data for integrity and accuracy. Undertake network performance improvement (KPIs) and optimization tasks Undertake BSS parameter. Interface with regional markets, Tier 3, roaming network data management, engineering, & operations for both day-today and project related network translations issues. Implement the most complex translation commands on the latest 2.5G and 3G platforms. Responsible for providing technical support for Spectrum provisioning to various markets.
What your background should be
- This position required strong knowledge of switches/POPs required. Three to five years wireless/STP translations or vendor switch engineering experience. Knowledge of wireless architecture, signaling, GSM, UMTS, MAP, CAMEL, ISUP and MF. Familiarity with Ericsson, Lucent, Nokia, Sonus, Nortel and Spatial MSC switch platforms. Experience with SQL , Perl scripting, protocol analyzers and monitoring tools such as Access7. Proficient in Microsoft applications Excel, Access and VBA.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in Math, Science, Engineering or equivalent related network experience, Strong analytical/problem.
Who is the client company
- Provides wireless Services, U-Verse, enterprise applications & managed hosting solutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com