Emergency Services & Systems Operator
- Niskayuna, NY
What you'll be doing
- Operate and maintain site system including but not limited to HVAC, cooling tower, steam, condensate, site compressed air and gas, fire detection and suppression domestic water and fire water. Perform cooling tower maintenance including chemical analysis and treatment. Provide boundary isolation with solid understanding of lock out or tag out principal. Support maintenance organization, including boundary isolation for lock out or tag out, to ensure safe and timely execution of preventive and corrective maintenance. Maintain accurate record and log sheet for review by supervision and engineering. Use system knowledge to troubleshoot problem and recommend solution for repair. Perform regular round of site facility and fire equipment and report status to operation supervision. Respond to various trouble call and condition and interface with facility owner to provide customer service. Work with various computer software and program for data storage and training. Respond to all site emergency and provide emergency medical response service, fire fighting. Inspect, test, maintain and operate hazardous material response, industrial, confined space, technical rescue, life support and fire safety, suppression and detection equipment. Conduct evaluation of confined space for technical rescue and develop rescue plans for high risk work evolution. Conduct continuous inspection and monitor of facility, work area and construction project to identify and correct deficiency and report abnormal condition to supervision. Initiate, document and follow through to closure the require corrective action. Maintain necessary qualification to support listed duty.
What your background should be
- Experience operating or maintaining industrial systems. Candidate must be U.S. citizen. Currently qualified New York state emergency medical technician basic (EMT-B) or registered in the national registry of EMT and able to obtain NYSDOH certification to NYS EMT-B. Currently qualified as a NFPA equivalent firefighter 1 or previous equivalent qualification.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is among the most respected engineering, project management and construction companies in the world.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com