Emergency Medical Technician
- Fairbanks, AK
What you'll be doing
- The incumbent of this position serves as an emergency medical technician. The candidate provides prompt initial care to significantly increase patient survivability and reduce the possibility of long-term serious injury. S/he responds to accidents and other emergencies involving injury and illness which sometimes may be life threatening. The applicant performs a basic emergency medical treatment. The applicant provides transportation of patients to medical treatment facilities as deemed necessary by physicians. S/he operates emergency or patient transport vehicles. The individual assists in lifting and carrying patients out of the ambulance and into the emergency treatment facility. The candidate performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- One year of specialized experience such a providing emergency medical assistance and transport that included conducting triage and basic assessment of patient trauma and medical emergencies; stabilizing and administering treatment to patients; and operating an ambulance and ancillary emergency medical equipment. Knowledge of the legal considerations of medical care to gather, report and protect patient information in accordance with privacy act laws, health insurance portability and accountability act (HIPAA) and local guidelines. A valid driving license required. Skill in advanced emergency medicine techniques to determine based on the diagnosis of the patient.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required.
Who is the client company
- This is the aerial warfare service branch of the United States armed forces and one of the seven American uniformed services, Initially part of the United States army.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com