Emergency Medical Technician
- Greensboro, NC
What you'll be doing
- Provides direct patient care appropriate to patient's condition, needs or age. Obtains initial vital signs and monitors according to department policy, notifying nurse of all deviations from the norm. Assists the nurse or physician with procedures. Performs delegated procedures, surgical preps, wound care, clean and sterile dressings, urinary catheterizations, staple and suture removal. Provides immediate treatment of injuries including immobilization, hemorrhage control and infection control. Maintains a safe, efficient and clean patient environment. Ensures that all specialty carts are clean and well stocked. Establishes and implements plan by which all EMS equipment is returned to proper EMS system. Completes all work orders for maintenance and repair of equipment; ensures all equipment is clean and in good working order. Orders and maintains supplies for the department. Collects non-controlled medications, distributing to appropriate licensed personnel on the unit. Encourages, develops and accepts new and innovative ways of doing things. Shows respect and compassion for all individuals. Greets patients, visitors and staff in a friendly manner. Demonstrates concern for the rights, privacy and confidentiality of others. Seeks to solve problems for the customer and offers assistance and encouragement to others. Follows through by helping peers complete work assignments. Manages resources efficiently and works with team members to reduce costs and improve quality. Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner and keeps appropriate persons informed of problems. Completes work in manner to enhance patient satisfaction. Maintains current license or listing. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What your background should be
- One year prior experience. Completion of EMT certification. Listed as a nurse aide with the North Carolina division of facility services. A current American heart association (AHA), basic life support (BLS) card for health care provider is required. Lift thirty pounds or more four or more times. Stand or walk for majority of shift. Bend or stoop frequently. Sufficiently mobile to push stretchers, wheelchairs, carts and equipment. Work with multiple interruptions and concurrent activities.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a not-for-profit network of healthcare providers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com