- Hopkinton, MA
What you'll be doing
- The elementary teacher provides learning experiences in language arts, social studies, pre-reading, arithmetic, science, art, physical education, and music to students, guided by the Massachusetts curriculum frameworks and district standards and requirements, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement. Monitors student understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate. Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn. Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individual and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning; maintains and improves professional competence through attendance at professional development events, and by self-generated activities that meet district expectations and the requirements for re-certification. S/he shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department, and building attending all faculty and committee meetings as required, and district-wide committees as needed. The role performs other duties, as assigned.
What your background should be
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure in assigned grade by the Massachusetts department of elementary & secondary education. Meets all Massachusetts departments of elementary & secondary education standards for highly qualified teacher. Have successfully completed, or be willing to take, the SEI endorsement course. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to children and adults; commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or master degree from an accredited college or university, or in a related field is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a public school district providing public education to students.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org