Elementary Library Media Specialist
- Hingham, MA
What you'll be doing
- As a library media specialist, the candidate will plan and teach classes regularly. Organize and maintain the 23,000 or more book collection. Maintain a welcoming literacy environment and keep book collection current. Collaborate with classroom teachers on class research projects. Promote a love of reading and lifelong learning. Promote instructional technology to improve learning. Align the slp to school, state, and national standards. Stay current in professional practices, educational research; maintain active professional memberships. Administer the slp budget to support program goals. Foster a creative, flexible environment so that the school library is an essential part of the learning community. Establish procedures for selection, acquisition, circulation, resource sharing of resources in all formats. Promote the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property. Maintain communication through website and newsletter.
What your background should be
- The candidate must have some work experience in related field. Massachusetts license for library media specialist k-12 required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Masters degree is required.
Who is the client company
- This is a primary and secondary educational school.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com