Electronic Technician (Security)
- Minneapolis, MN
What you'll be doing
- Install and wire specified alarm system devices. Pull cable and hang devices. Test and verify that all systems and devices installed (alarm panels, sirens, horns, strobes, etc.) function properly and in accordance to manufacturer's specifications. Use multi meter for particular volts and ohm readings and circuit analysis. Use various hand and power tools such as drills and screwdriver for installation purposes. Strip wire without leaving bare openings. Conceal wire in residences and run wire as neat and inconspicuous as possible. Hook up rj31x to specified panel mountings of particular devices such as motion detectors, keypads, and controls. Keep company vehicle clean and in good operating (i.e. Handle periodic oil changes, fueling, washing of vehicle, etc.). Explain and demonstrate to the customer how the specific alarm system installed works. Complete proper paperwork and submit to the appropriate department on a daily basis.
What your background should be
- Must have knowledge of fire and electrical codes to ensure safe and proper installation of alarm systems and devices. Must have a personable and professional appearance. Must be able to travel, as needed. Must be familiar with various types of receivers. Strong customer service focus/skills a must. Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks. Must be capable of handling challenging and stressful situations without decreasing productivity. Must be able to obtain specified licenses/certifications to perform work in the security industry according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the state in which the branch operates. Must have a valid driving license and good driving record.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or GED is required. Technical or college degree in related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a full-service security solutions provider.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com