Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
- Orrville, OH
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for advanced troubleshooting and repair of electrical and instrumentation systems. Participate in AM and PM pillar and support pillar activities in addition to SQMS activities on the team. Resource for process reliability (PR) improvement efforts. Initiate and execute improvement projects for each line. Flow to operator skills on the operating teams as needed. Project support as needed. Develop team member capabilities in appropriate equipment zone and provide feedback when necessary. Maintain technical documentation for equipment on lines. Complete reliability tracking and gap analysis, including PR, work order completion, PM completion, and CIL completion for each line. Proficient in computer controls software. Responsible for electrical troubleshooting and instrument calibrations in appropriate zone. Work weekends on as needed basis to support technical work for the department or plant. Ability to attend and successfully complete internal/external training courses determined by the company to maintain/build technical capabilities. Flow to the work as necessary to meet department and plant needs. Meet all essential functions of the role. Safely operate tow motor and maintain proper licensing requirements. Safely and effectively operate, maintain, and troubleshoot high speed packaging and processing equipment to produce company products. Meet all safety expectations including wearing the required personnel protective equipment and follow all safe practices. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Experience previous work experience in a food manufacturing or industrial environment is a plus. Have good attendance record and able to comply with attendance policy. Demonstrated background of mechanical and electrical aptitude. Must be able to work on an 8 or 12 hour shift on a 7-day schedule per week. Able to work with and around cleaning chemicals and perform all sanitation duties.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is an American manufacturer of fruit spreads, ice cream toppings, beverages, shortening, natural peanut butter, and other products.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org