Electrical Design Engineer
- Saint Paul, MN
What you'll be doing
- The Electrical Design Engineer exists to enable the company to perform all aspects of engineering from proposals thru testing of finished products. Layout and design assigned tasks within a major project. Provide all required calculations and documentation for any checked and approved design. Verify and check drawings and layouts and give direction to designers and drafters. Provide technical liaison to Sr. design, principal and chief engineers for sales, service and operations in both the office and the field. Provide engineering functions at lower or higher skill levels to accomplish projects when schedules, workload, etc. Further, expand skills, under the direction of the Chief Engineer, allowing for experience required for job advancement. Design electrical controls for mooring systems and cranes including operating sequence, proportional control, video displays and safety systems. Develop application information for proposals on all product lines. Support sales activity with technical information on control capabilities and equipment. Support parts operation by generating substitutions and/or improved control systems when required with economic limits. Occasional travel to assist engineering, sales, service and project management. Must be able to accept field start up assignments up to 6 weeks duration.
What your background should be
- Candidate must have ability to communicate effectively technical principles and equipment operation to other departments (i.e., operations, sales, parts, and to customer). 3 years related experience. Working knowledge of motors and drive applications, knowledge of mechanical equipment (i.e. winches, cable, shafting, gearing), knowledge of the national electrical code.
Required Schooling / Training
- B.S. Degree Electrical Engineering is mandatory.
Who is the client company
- This is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com