- Grand Rapids, MI
What you'll be doing
- This position is responsible for purchasing, preparing and implementing weekly food demonstrations at various grocery stores. Preparing recipe ingredients and executing food demonstrations to SNAP audiences. Organizing inventory and practicing safe and sanitary food handling methods. Maintaining a system to record mandatory grant documentation such as receipts, time logs and expense forms. Cross-collaborating with companies other departments and community partners. Initiating and maintaining partnerships with community organizations that support the mission and work of the community outreach department. Performing all other duties as assigned management.
What your background should be
- Demonstrated education, training or experience in the fields of nutrition is highly preferred. Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages and lifestyles is critical. Must have reliable transportation to travel between off-site locations on a regular basis. Ability to read and interpret food labels and recipes. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively over the phone and in-person with students, companies staff and community members.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree required.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit health & wellbeing management company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org