- Wilmington, DE
What you'll be doing
- This position is accountable to select and manage formal and informational assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal. Participate and facilitate IEP meeting regarding eligibility, IEP development, appropriate placement, manifestation determinations and transition. Provide staff development training to assist school personnel in the identification and understanding of students with disabilities (if requested). Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documentation required (paper and student management computer system). Consult with parents and staff concerning of the educational, emotional, behavioral needs of students and interpretation of assessment data. Represent BSD in IEP meetings for students placed in programs outside of the district.
What your background should be
- The candidate must have at least 3 years' experience as a special education teacher. Current certification as a teacher of exceptional children special education preferred. S/he must have a high degree of organizational skills as well as computer literacy; excellent oral and written communication skills also preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required and master degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a public school.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com