Education Services Specialist
- Carpentersville, IL
What you'll be doing
- Assist building level administration with staff hiring, evaluation and discipline of special education staff. Attend education service leadership meeting. Implement and evaluate assistive technology needs for individual students and program. Consult and relay information to district staff and parents regarding reasonable accommodation and behavior management, strategies within the special education and general education setting. Facilitate IEP meetings as needed at all grade levels plan, prepare and conduct professional development for certified and non-certified staff. Collect and analyze data for student achievement and program effectiveness. Communicate for important issues with the directors and assistant superintendent. Research and design solutions to various education service challenges confronting the district and staff. Assist principals with student disciplinary issues. Establish and maintain effective school, community and family partnership. Supervise the deaf and hard of hearing district program. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Type 75 administration certification and a minimum of five years teaching and/or administrative experiences. Must be able to effectively perform the following: work effectively with diverse groups of individuals, ranging from employees to parents of students. Must possess excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills as well as practical problem solving and trouble shooting skills. Preferred candidate will also demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently utilize technology; a desire to learn new things; and be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in special education or a related field.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org