Early Intervention Child Development Specialist
- La Mirada, CA
What you'll be doing
- Provide developmental assessments and treatments in a play-based approach for a caseload of children ages birth to 3 in the home environment. Provide parent education and home programs related to treatment goals as a result of developmental milestones. Collaborate with multidisciplinary team inclusive of occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, service coordinators, physicians and family. Complete biannual progress reports utilizing standardized developmental assessment tools to record delays in the developmental milestones and setting goals to reach milestone outcomes. Support and facilitate each child's progress through developmental milestones, increase opportunities for inclusion and enhance trusted caregiver-child relationships. Utilize effective and professional communication skills. Submit documentation and signatures on a weekly basis. Perform other related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 2 years experience as early intervention child development specialist working with children ages 0 to 3 in the home environment. Prior experience utilizing standardized developmental assessment tools (such as DAYC-2 or PDMS, Bayley etc.). Bilingual (Spanish & English) is preferred. Excellent communication skills (written & verbal). Must submit prior developmental evaluation samples or developmental progress report samples. Must be able to work part-time caseload (5-10 cases per week to start). Reliable transportation to patient's homes. Must pass background check and drug screening. Must reside in close proximity to the areas detailed above. Must be committed and looking for long term part-time employment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in child development or related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a multi-disciplinary early intervention company providing quality infant developmental services to children and their families in their natural environment.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org