What you'll be doing
- Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision and values of company. Operate passenger van in transporting people, equipment, material and supplies in accordance with traffic regulations pertaining to the assigned vehicle. Assure safe entry and exit of all passengers from vehicle. Maintain order among passengers. Assist client in transferring to and from the client home, which includes helping the client into and coming out of the vehicle; assisting the client to and from the trip destination point as necessary to assure that client safely reach their destination. Participate in planning of field trips, special events, group activities by determining best route; prepare maps for office and other drivers. Train program assignees and volunteers to drive regular passenger van, to maintain vehicle logs and comply with reporting procedures, where and when applicable. Assist in loading and unloading equipment, material, supplies and persons requiring assistance. Take necessary precautions to insure the safety of passengers, equipment and cargo. Service vehicle as required with gas, oil and coolant and perform other preventative maintenance tasks as required to maintain vehicle according to manufacturer specifications. Clean and wash vehicle as necessary, inside and out, to remove salt deposits, dust, dirt or other debris. Check all headlights, taillights, turn signals, brake lights, hazard lights, tires, exhaust system, hand brakes, etc., to verify safety systems of the assigned vehicle are in proper working order. Maintain records indicating date, items inspected, defects noted, repair dates, etc. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
What your background should be
- Must have a documented signed statement from a licensed physician stating there are no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with safe driving, passenger assistance, emergency treatment activity and jeopardize the health and welfare of a client or the public. Must pass an alcohol and drug test conducted by an institution approved by the Ohio Medical Transportation Board. Must be bi lingual English/Spanish, when appropriate depending on clients served. Current certification in First Aid and CPR or attained within six months from date of hire. Must have a certificate of completion of a Defensive Driving course attained within six months from date of hire, with a 4 hour refresher course every three years thereafter. Must complete blood borne pathogens and wheelchair sacrament trainings attained within six months from date of hire.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree required or High School diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The company is concern about charity and welfare.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org