- Mobile, AL
What you'll be doing
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication. Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner. Delivers and picks up dialysis products from home patients and clinics according to established safety procedures and guidelines. Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner. Reports more complex issues and complaints to DC staff or customer service for resolution. Observes and report any pertinent issues at customer sites. Performs rotation and inventory checks of existing product, ensuring that an adequate inventory is available for customers. Obtains customer signature for pickup and delivery of dialysis product. Adheres to all federal and state specific DOT regulations including, but not limited to GVW (gross vehicle weight) and hours of service. Identifies and recommends options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
What your background should be
- 1 to 3 years driver experience, preferably in route deliveries. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record. Must posses a class A or class B commercial license with a HazMat endorsement. Experience with routing management and on-board fleet management systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org