- Tampa, FT
What you'll be doing
- Drives truck to destination. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Must maintain required commercial license and abide by all company and DOT regulations. Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations. Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Loads and unloads truck. Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. May perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains. Secures cargo prior to and during transit. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Load/unload truck. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
What your background should be
- Three to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid commercial driving license. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Who is the client company
- The largest American distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases (delivered in packaged or cylinder form), and hardgoods (welding, safety and related products).
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org