Dog and Cat Department Manager
- Santa Clara, CA
What you'll be doing
- The responsible person for this position will ensure food and litter back-stock is worked daily and all other department back-stock a minimum of three times per week. Ensure ose standards are maintained in the department. Provide training and coaching in guest and product knowledge to associates daily on the sales floor and on an ongoing basis. Ensure a friendly and courteous atmosphere by all associates in the department. In partnership with the gm/am ensure proper scheduling is being maintained in the department to ensure in-stock goals and customer service during peak hours. Partner with the inventory manager to ensure in-stock levels. Goals are achieved by reporting max changes or requested overrides. Effectively organize and price all clearance merchandise for the department. Assist the gm/am in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales. Manages and coaches sales associates in providing great customer service and in performing their assigned task with the objective of achieving budgeted sales. Communicate all situations and/or conditions that affect the store to the gm/am. Perform duties and assume responsibility as manager on duty as needed.
What your background should be
- The applicant is asked to have a previous experience in retail setting as a department manager, team lead or sales associate. Experience supervising associates or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities, as well as, a professional appearance and demeanor expected from the applicant. Applicant must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
Required Schooling / Training
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
Who is the client company
- The client is a renowned privately held pet retailer in the United States that provides focus on putting animal first, educating pet parent and reducing carbon footprint services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com