Dog and Cat Department Manager
- Manchester, MO
What you'll be doing
- Ensure food and litter back stock is worked daily and all other department back stock a minimum of three times per week. Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department. Provide training and coaching in guest and product knowledge to associates daily on the sales floor and on an ongoing basis. Ensure a friendly and courteous atmosphere by all associates in the department. Achieve attachment rate goals. In partnership with the GM/AM ensure proper scheduling is being maintained in the department to ensure in-stock goals and customer service during peak hours. Partner with the inventory manager to ensure in-stock levels. Assist the GM/AM in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales. Analyze Polaris data for the department and make recommendations for improvement. Manage and coach sales associates in providing great customer service and in performing their assigned task with the objective of achieving budgeted sales. Communicate all situations and/or conditions that affect the store to the GM/AM (e.g., customer complaints, item requests, inadequate inventory levels, etc.). Ensure the completion of all planograms, cut INS and reworks. Perform all special or other projects as assigned. Perform duties and assume responsibility as manager on duty (mod) as needed.
What your background should be
- Previous experience in retail setting as a department manager, team lead or sales associate. Experience supervising associates, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities, as well as, a professional appearance and demeanor. Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
Who is the client company
- This is a privately held pet retailer in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com