Divisional Accounting Supervisor
- Columbia, SC
What you'll be doing
- The divisional accounting supervisor supports the division finance manager in the administration of finance, accounting, and internal controls. The candidate supervises a small clerical staff that provides financial and administrative support. S/he manage assigned division finance clerical staff, performing functions that include: interviewing, training and development, performance management and appraisals; make recommendations on hiring decisions, promotions, salary increases, disciplinary actions and terminations. The applicant performs assigned accounting and related clerical functions. S/he prepares internal financial management reports. S/he assists in preparation and reviews of division budgets and forecasts. Establishes and sustains effective communications and coordination between division and supports office personnel in researching, tracking, and resolving accounting, customer and vendor related issues. The incumbent completes ad hoc special projects and analysis as requested by finance manager.
What your background should be
- A qualified candidate must possess minimum 4 years of accounting and/or financial experience. Industry and supervisory experience are preferred. S/he must possess ability to apply a broad knowledge of financial and accounting skills to the completion of both recurring and more difficult tasks/assignments. Must be able to prioritize activities in a multi-tasked environment; proficiency in Microsoft excel skills is required. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact at all levels in the organization and the ability to work in a dynamic work environment, are required; must be able to communicate results effectively (written and oral).
Required Schooling / Training
- BS in business administration, accounting, or finance preferred.
Who is the client company
- A food company servicing restaurants, healthcare, hospitality, government & educational institutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org