Division Finance Manager
- Herndon, VA
What you'll be doing
- The DFM works closely with accounting, program controls, contracts, pricing and business development to provide a comprehensive understanding of financial management and division operations to the division lead. The DFM supports the division lead with preparation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts, and assists the division lead with establishing and executing division strategy. Analyze and present division level reports to both division and corporate management to highlight variances, trends and forward-looking business analysis. Provide impact analysis of internal/external business drivers. Work closely with program management to become familiar with individual program performance, historical trends, and direction of programs. Provide what-if scenarios and various ad-hoc analyses. Prepare plans/forecasts of re-compete and new business opportunities. Review and analyze plans/forecasts of existing programs. Prepare indirect expense plans/forecasts including division overhead, unallowable and B&P expenses.
What your background should be
- Applicant should have 5-10 years of experience in a government contracting finance environment. Familiarity with CAS, FAR, GAAP. Strong experience with profit and loss/income statement, reporting, planning, analysis, accounting (GL, AR, AP, cost allocations). Experience communicating with and presenting to audiences of varying levels of finance expertise. Must work well in teams and be a strong communicator; have independent curiosity to dig deep within details to find answers and propose/implement solutions; embrace learning, change, and development. This position will provide the opportunity to grow and develop with a mid-tier government contractor.
Required Schooling / Training
- Undergraduate degree in business, MBA or CMA/CPA a plus.
Who is the client company
- This is an agile, mid-tier national security technology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com