- Baton Rouge, LA
What you'll be doing
- Maintain operation of the distribution system, including all aspects of switching, system configurations and operations. Dispatch and manage personnel for response to trouble calls, including after hours service restoration. Communicate proactively with line and other personnel in order to obtain outage information. Prioritize outages to optimize available resources, manage the after hours call out process, monitor SCADA systems and respond appropriately to alarms. Monitor/make use of all-weather tools and alert affected personnel regarding the potential for severe conditions. Provide feedback to data maintenance support personnel regarding changes, missing devices, incorrect predictions, etc., in AM/FM. Enter outage information in AM/FM and provide company support personnel and customers with timely and accurate restoration information.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 5 five years distribution, transmission or substation experience or equivalent. Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position. Strong knowledge of computers and related technology. Ability to work irregular hours and out of town assignments as required. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone and radio.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com