- Roselle, NJ
What you'll be doing
- The Dispatcher coordinates the daily operations (driver, routing, and vehicle activities) necessary to assure safe, on-time service and customer satisfaction. Maintains the highest level of ethical behavior with our customers, fellow employees and the communities company serve. Assembles and maintains a master list of all routes and trips. Assigns cover drivers to routes when a driver is absent. Maintains a current file or set of files on each route, files include all information needed to describe the route and its component parts (contract, program, school, map, assigned vehicle, list of passengers with addresses and telephone numbers, assigned buses, assigned drivers). Provides assistance to drivers and exercises discretionary judgment as necessary, to ensure that routes and trips are performed safely and on-time. Coordinates emergency response network when there is a problem on a route. Assist drivers with routing directions and communicates special service requirements. Maintains filing systems and paperwork in a neat and orderly fashion. Submits required reports and paperwork to operations supervisor in a timely fashion. Encourages compliance with company policies and processes. Discusses any breach of policy and procedure noted with operations supervisor. Assigns activities and special trips to drivers pursuant to established policies and procedures. Notifies the district of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns or any other event that will disrupt service. Maintains route compliance to tenets of contract. Coordinates vehicle service schedules with maintenance supervisor to assure uninterrupted service on assigned contracts. Maintains current list of all available cover drivers and spare vehicles
What your background should be
- Minimum 6 months experience in a driver position. Previous dispatch experience. Knowledge of the companies, service promise, services, capabilities, policies, procedures and practices to effectively manage a drivers/monitors in various locations, resolve issues in accordance with company goals and objectives and promote the company as a leading bus transportation service provider. Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of surrounding area, routing. Well-developed multi-tasking and time and priority management skills to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and routing. No preventable accidents in the past 36 months.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- The company is a school bus operator providing tendered pupil transportation throughout the United States
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org