Director, Vivo Pharmacology
- La Jolla, CA
What you'll be doing
- To lead a team of in vivo pharmacologists developing and implementing disease models for the mechanistic characterization and evaluation of novel anticancer therapeutics. The director will provide a critical role in the drug discovery and development process to ensure delivery of high quality in vivo data that enables small molecule drug/adc discovery and development programs. The group leader will provide senior in vivo pharmacology expertise to the oru, contribute to the strategic direction of the in vivo pharmacology discipline across the sites and work continuously to drive improvements in operational efficiencies. To represent ivp team, play a key role in project teams and ensure effective communication and collaboration with other teams and function lines. Manage and supervise study planning, protocol design, study implementation and result publishing. Manage internal resource allocation and external collaboration if necessary.
What your background should be
- Relevant extensive experience in a cancer r&d laboratory environment with pharmaceutical industry experience required. Advanced training in contemporary scientific discipline with emphasis on cancer research. Strong understanding of key components and process of drug discovery, applied pharmacology and drug development required. Strong working knowledge of oncology disease processes, disease models and current clinical treatments expected. Strong communication skills and ability required to work effectively across multiple multidisciplinary teams. Experience and working knowledge in concepts include but not limited to genetic engineering, stable gene expression/knockdown platforms, cell and tumor biology, molecular profiling methodologies, histology/immunohistochemistry, facs, in vivo imaging, etc.
Required Schooling / Training
- PhD in a relevant biological scientific discipline with a focus on in vivo cancer research and 10+ years of experience required.
Who is the client company
- The client is a multinational pharmaceutical corporation which develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org