Director of Strategy
- Foster City, CA
What you'll be doing
- The director of strategy will drive strategic plan for understanding the changing user and customer needs in existing and new industries. Track competitor developments across vertical and horizontal markets and hold executive level dashboard review with specific actionable recommendations. Lead and support strategic projects from business idea incubation, market validation to hand off for commercialization. Evaluate startup business models and make recommendations for strategic fit and investment. Lead initiatives to create strategies to move into adjacent and disruptive market segments. Support the strategic planning process, fundamentals, investment and acquisition review. The candidate will work closely with key stakeholders from the sales, R&D and other business units. Helping to define key strategic BIC plan and major initiatives required to achieve the overall shared transformation vision. Develop close working relationships with senior management team and across the global organization to ensure strategic internal alignment. The incumbent is responsible for developing a broad understanding existing and potential customers across a vast set of industries and defining the most lucrative segments to pursue. Manage multiple research/analysis requests and projects at the same time. Rapidly assemble and process large amounts of information and being able to break a question/problem manageable components for further analysis. Drive actionable decisions based on industry and customer foresight. Support and lead strategic partnership and M&A efforts, including scanning the market, establishing target lists, summarizing key targets and their overall fit the strategy. Lead due diligence and deal teams with key functional counterparts, help execute on partnership deals based on financial forecasting, analysis, modeling and implementation planning. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The ideal applicant will have 7 to 10 years of experience with a major strategy consulting firm or equity research in investment banking (or comparable background). Demonstrated ability to think structurally about a business, able to employ sophisticated tools and analysis to identify potential areas of significant business value for the company. Experienced in building relationships with and working with partners, venture capitalists, startups, accelerators, research institutes and academia. Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills. Strong sense of personal ownership and ability to get things done. Ability to work independently (coaching and development support will be provided) and lead teams. Sense of pace and urgency into the business and seek to sustain momentum. Strong leadership skills and team orientation. Ability to create constructive relationships with senior management and peers in a matrix organization. Confident and persuasive communicator with he ability to be an assertive influencer. Experience in a matrix environment with demonstrated success at defining an agenda despite inherent conflicting opinions, demands and priorities. Superior research skills and resourcefulness to draw logical conclusions with often limited / imperfect information. Experience with design thinking methodology is a plus. Basic knowledge of IT services management. Strong project management skills. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Must have BS in computer science, mathematics or other related fields and an MBA.
Who is the client company
- The client is a global provider of HR services and one of largest staffing organization in the world.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org