Director of Statistics
- Andover, MA
What you'll be doing
- Supervise a group of statisticians supporting biologics R&D. Provide primary statistics support to the science and technology lines within biotherapeutics pharmaceutical sciences: spanning drug substance, drug product, and analytical method development, as well as regulatory activities. Demonstrate leadership in influencing and improving workflows by identifying, developing, and applying new quantitative methods as needed to solve problems in pharmaceutical research. Participate in the group's education initiative by teaching courses such as experimental design, measurement systems analysis, and quality control. Pursue business-related research interests and represent the company externally. Work with the statistics group lead on continuous improvement of group practices.
What your background should be
- Statistical knowledge through coursework and/or demonstrated statistical application in general linear models, mixed models, non-linear models, experimental design, variance components, and quality control. Familiar with basic chemistry, biology, and / or engineering. Sound computational skills: SAS, S+ / R, or equivalent, and knowledge of a variety of commercial packages. Good oral and written communication skills in explaining complex statistics in the context of experimental objectives to those with little or no background. Proven interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- M.S. statistics, with 10 or more years industrial consulting experience and three years experience supervising statistics colleagues.
Who is the client company
- This is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org