Director of Facility Maintenance & Capital Projects
- Queens, NY
What you'll be doing
- Manage and oversee major or minor construction project, as well as capital construction project. Ensure that residential facility maintain in a clean and safe manner at all time. Ensure sufficient staffing; hire and train staff as necessary. Ensure that basic regular daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance task satisfactorily adhered to. Closely coordinate with site program director to ensure that custodial and maintenance task regularly complete and facility keep clean and safe at all time. Determine staff training need and arrange for such training within budgeted limit. Evaluate staff performance and take action as necessary to ensure compliance with client companies policy, procedure and requirement. Utilize electronic or web based application and other resource to manage and monitor staff responsiveness to work ticket, to identify problem, trend and to fashion change in procedure as necessary to address issue. Manage and monitor the purchasing and utilization of janitorial and other supply purchased for the maintenance operation. Establish and maintain method to manage, monitor and maintain supply, equipment and tool inventory. Maintain fire safety compliance at each facility, boiler maintenance, construction management and bid process to completion.
What your background should be
- Minimum 10 years supervising maintenance workers in a facilities management environment required. Certificate or certification in a building trade, maintenance, building systems or building equipment repair desired. Ability to provide concise and clear direction to staff in both verbal and written form. Ability to direct the activities of staff, consultants and contractors. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure in a calm and reassuring manner. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently. Technological competency and good organizational skills. Experience with supportive housing and non profit organizations. Strong customer service skills, an ability to be perceptive of others, and proven ability to build strong relationship and collaborate with others. Strong computer skills and fluent in daily use of Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree with a background in residential facilities operation required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a non for profit organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com