Director of Clinical Quality
- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- The director of clinical quality provides leadership and operational oversight for patient safety, quality, risk management and accreditation functions of organization. Responsible for developing and managing clinical processes performed by the licensed and non-licensed clinical staff within the organization and ensures patient care standards for quality and safety are met. Recognizes and addresses patient safety/risk exposures affecting quality of care and outcomes by evaluating near misses, occurrence reports, clinical surveillance and regulatory/legislative standards. Represents the organization in system-wide quality and patient safety initiatives and facilitates coordination of ambulatory quality and patient safety activities with inpatient and post-acute care initiatives. Collects, analyzes and evaluates data to develop recommendations for improvement. Emphasizes risk reduction within the organization while analyzing trends of events to determine process improvements necessary to ensure alignment of patient safety strategies with the organizational mission, vision, values and goals. The person provides a mechanism for evaluating the risk associated with physician new hires and a program to promote strong business and clinical practices.
What your background should be
- Five to ten years of experience, three of which must be in a clinic or hospital in-patient setting. Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills required. Current nursing license from the state of Texas required. cphrm preferred or obtained within one year of commencement. Working knowledge of regulatory and state laws/regulations that apply to physician practices and nursing. Demonstrated critical thinking skills, with a proven ability to analyze situations and identify solutions. Experienced in strategic planning is desired.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in nursing required; risk management experience preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit health care organization with clinical trials and is a leader in heart and vascular care, orthopedics and organ transplant.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com