- Boston, MA
What you'll be doing
- Building and maintaining close relationships with private and corporate life-science venture firms, primarily within the eastern us. Sourcing early stage venture investments in therapeutics discovery companies. This will entail extensive prospecting from academia, translational incubators, investor networks and conferences. Conducting/coordinating in-depth scientific diligence to develop a strong investment thesis, including solicitation of technical input from company and external (public and private sector) subject matter experts. Conducting basic financial analyses, including deal comparables, to develop appropriate investment valuations. Drafting informal and formal investment recommendations for presentation to the MRLV investment board. Facilitating appropriate introductions between portfolio companies and MRL business development & licensing while maintaining strict adherence to obligations of care, loyalty, and non-conflicting interest, regardless of status as board director or non-voting observer. Representing MRL ventures at primarily regional (eastern us) conferences.
What your background should be
- A minimum of 5 years of combined experience in one or all of the following: venture capital investing in therapeutics discovery companies with specific emphasis on early stage (seed, series-a) initiations; private equity analysis; or biotech/pharma business development. Practical knowledge in venture capital / private equity deal structuring, financial modeling and exit analyses. Ability to develop relationships with biotech venture capitalists that can drive efficient and productive syndication. Excellent leadership, negotiating and influencing skills. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Balance of scientific and business acumen relevant to cutting-edge therapeutics discovery. Strong strategic orientation with the ability to learn new, unfamiliar segments of life science business and identify / focus on key factors that drive commercial success and have broad business impact. Result / action orientation with the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously, with minimal supervision. Excellent quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge various aspects of the business case. Demonstrated ability to translate broad strategic decisions into firm, detailed financial implications and recommendations. Knowledge of external healthcare business environment along with an understanding of competitive history and ability to forecast potential next moves. Knows how and when to bring in subject matter experts, mrl and external consultants. Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixes organization securing support from others when needed. Unwavering commitment to trust-based, ethical business practices. Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, primarily within the eastern us. Some board or operating experience in the startup biotech environment preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Advanced scientific/technical/medical degree (MD, PHD, PharmD, etc) required. MBA or equivalent relevant financial/business experience preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American pharmaceutical company
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com