Director, Acquisition Planning & Scheduling
- Detroit, MI
What you'll be doing
- The current organization is looking for a director of acquisition planning and scheduling. Directs the calendar planning process by efficiently coordinating the populating of blood collection operations in a manner that assures weekly budgets are met and a stable and consistent supply of blood is available. The applicant is responsible for managing staffs including hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and disciplining to ensure a well qualified team and to enhance operational success. Oversees the scheduling of resources to include all collections staff and supports logistics in the most cost effective manner to meet the objectives of the region and based on an agreed upon standards. Manages the forecasting and scheduling of each mobile operation resource so that costs are kept to a minimum while the benefit of all resources deployed, assures optimal service outcomes. All plans resource requirements such as number and location of staff, number of supervisors, number of vehicles and equipment, and any other resource to assure the cost effective success of each operation. The candidate identifies opportunities and initiatives that will support continued optimization for the region, and where appropriate, coordinates the efforts to execute the improvements. S/he assists in the development and implementation of strategic plans and budgets to enhance the growth and expansion of services provided by the region. Provides statistical reporting and proposes clear business rules for developing a strong annual blood collection calendar and donor strategy. S/he also conducts above duties without conflicting priorities between recruitments and collections leadership functions.
What your background should be
- Minimum of six years of total work experience with five years of management experience related to analysis, systems, projects with multiple levels of staff and management required. Should have knowledge of group dynamics, forecasting, customer service, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement and oversee business processes. Excellent organizational skills are required and the ability to work independently while developing a functioning team. Must be able to handle multiple priorities effectively, assimilate information quickly, analyze problems and provide appropriate solutions. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of staff and excellent written, interpretation and verbal communications skills are required. Computer skills in Microsoft office applications are required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education inside the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com