Direct Support Staff-ASL Speaking
- Indianapolis, IN
What you'll be doing
- Provide services, which are designed to ensure health, safety and welfare of the individual and assist in the acquisition, improvement and retention of skills necessary to support individual to live successfully in own homes. Provide services outside of an individual home that support learning and assistance in any of the following areas: self-care, sensory-motor development, socialization, daily living skills, communication, community living and social skills. Provide services, which are designed to assist individual with active participation in inclusive, integrated activities where the goal is that the individual will build relationships and eventually be able to participate in the activities with natural supports. Provide services, which involve hands on assistance for physical dependency needs of older adults or persons with disabilities and is furnished in the clients home. Provide services in order to allow older adults or persons with disabilities to remain in own homes. Provide service, which offer direct and practical assistance with household tasks and related activities. Provide services, which are provided temporarily or periodically to older adults or persons with disabilities who are unable to care for them to relieve the person normally providing care. Provide services according to the ISP or plan of care. Record a daily note on the tasks performed at the end of each shift. Complete other forms or documentation as required by the ISP, plan of care, company policy or state regulations. Submit documentation as required by company policy. Use of principles of health and safety in relation to self and client.
What your background should be
- Be at least 18 years of age. Be a United States citizens or non-U.S. citizens with a valid work permit. Ability to communicate adequately in order to complete required forms and reports of visit. Participate in team discussions and follow oral or written instructions. Ability to provide services according to the individualized service plan. Willingness to accept supervision. Interest in and empathy for individual with disabilities. Fluent in American sign language (ASL).
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about health, wellness and fitness services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org