Dialysis Registered Nurse
- Lowell, MA
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers. Develop and maintain effective relationships through effective and timely communication. Take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner. Delegate tasks to all direct patient care staff including but not limited to LVN/LPNS, patient care technicians, and dialysis assistants. Assess daily patient care need and develop appropriate patient care assignments. Monitor patient care staff for appropriate techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures. Participate in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned. Ensure educational need of patients and family are met regarding end stage renal disease (ESRD). Provide ongoing education to patients regarding their renal disease, vascular access and dialysis therapy, and other related health conditions. Ensure transplant awareness, modality awareness, and drive catheter reduction. Take appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy status and troubleshooting access flow issues as identified by OLC/AMP yellow lights. Ensure correct labs tubes are utilized for prescribed lab specimens and that lab draw and processing procedures are performed appropriately for all lab samples. Maintain competency with all emergency operational procedures, and initiates CPR and emergency measures in the event of a cardiac and respiratory arrest.
What your background should be
- Minimum one-year medical-surgical nursing experience is preferred. Current appropriate state licensure. ICU experience preferred. Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis. Successfully complete CPR certification. Nurse technical training required. Must have good communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Who is the client company
- This is a healthcare services company that operates hospitals and nursing centers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com