Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Mayfield Heights, OH
What you'll be doing
- Performs diagnostic sonographer imaging through the application of non-ionizing, high-frequency sound-waves for patients of all ages as directed by physicians. Maintains patient safety. Performs ultrasound studies (i.e. obstetrical, GYN, abdominal, retro peritoneal, small parts, pediatric, and vascular). Consults with referring physician regarding patients medical history and selection of appropriate procedures and equipment required for proper diagnosis. Reviews charts, previous reports and requisition prior to the exam. Ensures patients comfort and safety during and after the exam. Schedules all emergency patients for diagnostic ultrasound procedures. Monitors all appointments scheduled for ultrasound examinations. Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS-when applicable, completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork-immediately reports any malfunctions to help desk and PACS administrator. Performs checks on ultrasound equipment to assure proper function of equipment and notifies clinical engineering of any equipment malfunctions. Assists with orienting new employees to the equipment, department procedures and scanning protocols; provides demonstration of ultrasound equipment for staff and visitors. Assists in new investigative techniques, procedures and equipment; maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in the field through self-motivated education and attendance of appropriate conferences and symposiums.
What your background should be
- Minimum of one year experience as a diagnostic medical Sonographer preferred. Certification within abdominal (RDMS, AB) and OB/GYN (RDMS, OB/GYN) must be obtained within one year of hire. Additional certification within vascular (RDMS, VT) preferred. CPR certification required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school in diagnostic medical Sonography.
Who is the client company
- This is a multispecialty academic hospital.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com