Derivatives Operations Specialist
- Pittsburgh, PA
What you'll be doing
- The incumbent will responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all exchange traded (ETD) and over the counter (OTC) derivative related activity within derivatives services group (DSG). This transaction activity includes swaps, futures, options, cash, forward FX, and respective collateral. S/he will provide professional support to both internal and external end clients, including investment managers, brokers, cars, custody and outsourcing accounting teams. The incumbent will be responsible for validating instructions and conducting related transaction processing for both custody and /back-office clients across all related derivative products. S/he will conduct research and obtain all information required to post the transactions to the custody and accounting systems, and coordinate with the accounting teams to ensure accurate client valuations and reporting. The incumbent will post activity related to derivative collateral holdings, including income collections, P&I and maturities. The ETD will support require detailed position and market value reconciliations between the investment manager provided instruction and future clearing merchant brokers statements. The incumbent will work closely with internal operations areas including ids, accounting, ISS, security lending, global and domestic settlements, mutual funds custody, client service, investment manager relations, complex securities, and transmission support units, as well as directly with the client, investment manager and broker. The incumbent will utilize intra-day and end-of-day control tools and reports, ensuring all activity is accurate and complete. S/he will responsible for the monitoring of fails and overdrafts, and will work to resolve outstanding exceptions timely, and escalate issues as necessary. The position will provide supporting work documentation for all internal quality checks, external reconcilements and industry audits. S/he will assist other team members during high-volume periods, and will report to the derivative operations supervisor.
What your background should be
- Prior experience with derivative financial instruments a plus. Must exhibit excellent PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, strong organizational skills and strong communication skills (both written and oral). Ability to manage multiple tasks, pay attention to details and work under pressure while meeting deadlines, and work both independently and in a team environment is required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree with a concentration in business, finance, accounting or applicable work experience.
Who is the client company
- This is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org