- Abilene, TX
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for overseeing the daily activities of hourly associates on the sales floor, front end, freight, delivery or stocking departments. Responsible for training, mentoring, and coaching employees. Also manages associate performance and ensures adequate department coverage through influencing scheduling. Conducts activities appropriate for specific department including, but not limited to, ensuring merchandise is stocked, tracking and reporting relevant metrics, and monitoring project activity. Maintains a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping store areas clean and organized, securing doors and gates, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks. Also responsible for providing superior customer service by assisting customers in locating, selecting, demonstrating, and loading merchandise.
What your background should be
- 1 year experience working in a retail store or customer service position. 1 year supervisory experience including coaching/training and evaluating the performance of direct reports. Experience with computer and web-based systems (e.g., email, web based applications, delivery/scheduling systems, online ordering systems, training). Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise. Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is an American company that operates a chain of retail home improvement and appliance stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com