- San Jose, CA
What you'll be doing
- Organizes and distributes the work of his or her staff, sets priorities and keeps an overview of the tasks to be accomplished in accordance with the store manager. Manages recruits, on boards, trains, develops and provides succession planning for the staff in the store in partnership with the store manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including approving time off requests, pay, location or title changes, conducting terminations and corrective actions and making employment decisions. Assists the store manager in maintaining an overview of all employee relations responsibilities in the store to ensure a positive work environment. Takes action within department to maximize sales through joint operational and commercial focus to obtain a highest level of profitability. Proactively ensures team has knowledge on all product, campaign, promotion, display guidelines and merchandise information. Ensures garment presentation, garment level and visual standards within the department are presented according to companies expectation. Plans and coordinates together with the visual team all activities concerning campaigns, promotions and sales activities in his or her department. Effectively schedules the staff within the department according to the needs and restrictions of the business and adjusts hours as necessary to reach store and SPH goals. Works with sales and cost plans, budgets and other available tools to make business decisions to ensure maximum profitability. Responsible for knowledge and completion of cash office operational functions. Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety. May be assigned overall store responsibility in absence of store manager. Maintains high quality companies direct and indirect customer service by providing the best shopping experience for each customer and role modeling the 5 basic demands on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash point. Assists store manager in establishing and overseeing sales and cost plans, budgets and variable costs for department; works with comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future sales trends to maximize profitability. Accurate recording of sales and worked hour figures.
What your background should be
- Preferably 2-3 years of retail management experience, including direct supervisory experience or comparable management role experience. Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds. Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven organizational and analytical skills. Ability to be proactive to drive sales by creating selling opportunities. Strong merchandising skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge. Ability to take own initiative and work under own direction. Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity. Ability to provide feedback in a constructive and professional way. Ability to handle conflict and resolve problems constructively. Experience in administrating progressive discipline process and performance management. Basic computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry needed.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent. Associate or bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a multinational retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com