Department HR Specialist
- Tempe, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Process payroll for the parking and transit services department (staff and students); works as liaison between the department and the university human resources department to investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies; reviews PeopleSoft input and compares to web based time reporting system to ensure entries are correct and comply with policy. Researches and resolves other issues related to employee pay. Performs all activities associated with department time administrator to ensure accurate and timely recording of exceptions and positive time for all staff and students. Performs routine payroll reconciliation in coordination with pay period end dates. Works with department managers on recruitment process ensuring that the process is completed correctly. Manages employee files in accordance with university policy. Performs other duties as assigned to ensure continual efficient operations of the department to meet customer service needs.
What your background should be
- Experience with payroll management, experience with payroll reconciliation, demonstrated experience with biweekly time reporting (e.g. department time administrator in PeopleSoft), demonstrated experience using a web based recruitment management system (e.g. Kenexa/BrassRing or something similar), proven ability to work effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities and short deadlines, experience in problem solving. Evidence of effective written communication skills, demonstrated knowledge of: FMLA, LOA, quality customer service standards, methods, and practices. Basic human resources practices, regulations, and standards. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment or, any equivalent combination of experience, and education from which comparable knowledge and skills.
Who is the client company
- This is a public metropolitan research university in the Arizona state.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com