- Dallas, TX
What you'll be doing
- Provides chair side assistance to faculty and students during dental procedures and provides routine care of dental patients, equipment and instruments. The candidate works closely with instructors and students, providing intra oral assistance in close proximity under varying, sometimes critical conditions. Ensures that preparations are properly arranged and in accordance with sterility requirements. Assists the faculty and students, residents during the administration of prophylactic, therapeutic or surgical treatment procedures to provide for dentist/patient needs to include using irrigation solutions and suction to keep field free of debris and monitoring patients. Needs to schedule patients, coordinate chart retrieval and handle financial transactions and telephones. Mixes indicated dressings and other materials, pours models. Maintains dental equipment in a clean and operative condition and properly stores and maintains adequate levels of supplies. Needs to inventory, organize stock and order dental and office supplies. Needs to perform other duties as directed by faculty or supervisor at various locations.
What your background should be
- Must have 4+ years of experience as chair side assistant. Registered dental assistant with current CPR, radiologic and jurisprudence certification. Should have basic computer proficiency using Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of CDT codes, terminology, dental procedures, dental instruments and materials. Required the ability to learn and understand patient management techniques and programs.
Required Schooling / Training
- High School diploma or GED
Who is the client company
- This is a premier assembly of colleges devoted to educating health professionals and researchers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com