Delivery Room Technician
- Johnson City, NY
What you'll be doing
- The candidate will place equipment and supplies in operating room, arrange equipment and supplies according to instructions. Assist team with placement and positioning of patient on O.R. table. Hand instruments and supplies to surgeon, hold retractors, cut sutures, and perform other tasks as directed by surgeon during procedure and perform count of surgical instruments, sponges and needles throughout surgery. Assist RN in setting up birthing rooms for delivery and performs monthly review of rooms for out dates. Some housekeeping duties are involved, cleaning of rooms, triage areas and working with the nursing staff & environmental staff to maintain a clean safe unit. Secretarial duties may include answering phones, entering or looking up patient labs, putting together charts and assisting patients and family members.
What your background should be
- Successfully completed a nationally accredited program for surgical technologist and holds a nationally certified technologist credential.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a regional not-for-profit health care system.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org