- Vernon Hills, IL
What you'll be doing
- The delivery driver will drive to and deliver customer orders to meet the scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules. Use electronic time keeping system to log in time at customer site. The incumbent will visually survey customer site during the approach to determine hazards. Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place items in designated customer storage areas. S/he will verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures. This position will collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact division management for authorization of invoice discrepancies and communicate all errors and returns. As requested by management, the applicant will drive backhauls, which requires picking up product from vendors and bring back to warehouse for receiving while staying within dot hours of service (hos) regulations. This role shall return tractor and trailer to division when route is completed. The delivery driver will perform all pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities. Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies. Follow division shift times, enter days of week and hours, and continue until the work completed within dot hos regulations. Some holiday, saturday, sunday, and overnight deliveries may be required. Satisfactorily complete all company mandated trainings and assessments.
What your background should be
- The applicant with minimum 1 year of commercial driving experience or six months of food service or food and beverage delivery experience required. Experience delivering food products preferred. Must be able to read, write, and communicate in english as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount. Must have a valid commercial driving license (cdl), class a issued by the state of legal residence with the necessary endorsements and be dot qualified.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Who is the client company
- A food company servicing restaurants, healthcare, hospitality, government & educational institutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org