Deli Sales Clerk
- Belle Vernon, PA
What you'll be doing
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations. Deli team members are also expected to make suggestions to company customers to enhance their shopping experience. Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team members designated department or elsewhere in the store. Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment. Replenish product in the deli cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed. Accurately record and assist in preparation of deli special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product. Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room. Assist in maintaining deli cooler efficiency by unloading deliveries. Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety. Assist in other areas as required. Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of budgetary responsibility: $1-$100k.
What your background should be
- 0 to 6 months experience preferred. At least 18 years of age. Competencies required adaptability. Customer focused. Gets things done. Interpersonal skills. Problem solving skills. Respect for self and others
Required Schooling / Training
- Desired high school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Leading provider of high quality food, drug, fuel, and related services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com