- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- The data lead expected to lead the data governance practice. The individual should have the understanding of various technologies in the areas of rdbms, nosql, dw, big data, and data integration. An individual should have the ability to define/refine the governance processes and implement them. The individual should work with various application teams to collate metrics, track performance, and drive implementation of best practices. The individual should also have the ability to define architecture/design blueprints, publish best practices, and coach/mentor team members. An individual needs to keep abreast of new technologies and architect patterns. The role also demands the ability to successfully work with global teams in the us and india. It is a challenging role as the team has diverse data warehousing and bi expertise. A person should have the necessary soft skills to manage difficult situations involving technical issues, demanding clients, escalations and making the teamwork as a unit.
What your background should be
- The ideal candidate must have 10-15 years of information management experience including hands-on design and development experience. Requires experience in data integration architectures, data lineage, and driving data governance or managing large programs. Exposure to a data warehouse/bi project in a finance/banking environment. Very good understanding of new technologies like hadoop, cloud, social networking and their benefits. Excellent understanding of the data warehouse life cycle right from data source to etl to transformations of multidimensional models like data marts, star schema and bi reporting through reporting tools like business objects or clikview. Very strong sql skills with hands-on experience in at least one technology area, i.e. business objects or information or teradata or any other database like Oracle, UDP. Teradata skills are preferred. Ability to understand the business functionality of the project being delivered. Ability to effectively be the single point of contact for the team to the external world. Skills to do effective work allocation, monitoring and develop the ability of the team to scale up for taking on more work. Skills to do effective risk identification and developing mitigation plans. Strong oral and written communication.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor/master degree in engineering or prefers computer science from a top tier university.
Who is the client company
- The company provides financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com