Data Analyst (IT)
- Worcester, MA
What you'll be doing
- Participate in, or facilitate, business process and requirement sessions to fully understand the requirements and the data necessary to support those requirements. Translate data requirements into a logical data model that includes an entity relationship diagram of entities, attributes and key structures as defined by the company standard, for moderately complex to complex business initiatives. Capture and maintain system documentation (i.e., metadata). Convert the logical data model into a preliminary physical data model in conjunction with database administrator and/or application developer and make sure that variances between the logical and physical design are understood and documented. Ensure that documentation is up-to-date, understood by and available to business and/or IT partners. Apply knowledge of the insurance business and detailed knowledge regarding the data stored in specific company databases with an objective of re-use whenever possible. Perform data mapping activities (e.g., source to target mapping). Support / perform data related testing/validation. Assist in the development of information management practices. Completes administrative tasks, status reporting etc., as required by manager. Mentor other data analysts.
What your background should be
- Work experience in insurance and information systems. Experience in logical and physical data modeling and normalization of data. Knowledge of insurance company data, products and business practices. Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Proven presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to explain complex concepts to a diverse audience. Ability to manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail. Strong research and problem-solving skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree preferred or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about insurance and financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com