Customs Compliance Specialist
- St. Louis, MO
What you'll be doing
- Amend export documents and other filings in compliance with regulatory requirements upon notice of changes to international transactions (i.e. overfills, under fills, contract price amendments, etc.). Clearly maintain original and amended documents in recordkeeping files. Self-starter on audit and identification of errors on export and import documents. Proactively research and stay updated on free trade agreement regulations, particularly NAFTA, CAFTA, Korea, Panama, Colombia & Peru. Serve as the first responder to FTA, certificate of free sale, and other inquiries from internal and external business partners. Maintain a system to validate FTA eligibility for products across BNA product lines, issue certificates or statements, communicate with outside parties, ensure tracking files are updated. Maintain export and import files in good order as per policies and regulations. Secure notarization, chamber of commerce, or other certification of documents. Other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- At least five years of experience in a related field is required. Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not required. Demonstrated proficiency in electronic business systems including Excel and email management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrate ability to work with people in a manner that builds high morale and group commitment to shared goals and objectives. Demonstrate ability to organize and schedule people or tasks and to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability. Demonstrate ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues and constraints; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a global agribusiness and food company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org