Customer Service and Eligibility Specialist
- Salt Lake City, UT
What you'll be doing
- Conduct eligibility interviews with all applicants as they reach the top of the waiting list to ensure they are eligible to participate in various assistance programs in a timely manner. Obtain and verify all required documentation from the applicants, update the information in the computer, and file. Remain familiar with current federal regulations as they relate to programs by reading, attending training and conferring with other officials. Collaborate and communicate with the supportive programs to determine their need for applicants. Release pre-screened eligible applicant files to managers. Schedule and conduct orientations. Maintain the paper copies and computer files of applicants accurately and confidentially, file all correspondence. Assist with conducting periodic surveys of applicants to determine if they are still in need of assistance. Maintain required reports and statistics by updating information on a continual basis. Send multiple reports on a weekly basis. Answer customer calls in a timely manner. Greet customers in a friendly professional manner as they enter the building. Provide backup support to front desk. Listen to customer concerns and refer to appropriate parties. Familiarize self with community resources in order to better assist customers. Provide copies of all documentation for customers. Help enter new applications when necessary.
What your background should be
- Two years related experience. Able to work with minimal day-to-day supervision. Able to communicate well in English language, both oral and written. Must be prompt and dependable. Ability to work well with the general public, low income individuals, the elderly, and disabled. Must be pleasant, personable and patient, with a desire to help people in need. Able to work well under stressful conditions. General office, clerical and computer skills. Valid Utah driving license. Ability to conduct presentations in a clear, professional manner. Approaches problems pro-actively and be solution focused.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent
Who is the client company
- This is an American temporary staffing agency that operates throughout the world.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com