CTT Peer Support Specialist
- Pittsburgh, PA
What you'll be doing
- The CTT peer support specialist engages the consumers of the community treatment. Team in the activities of the program, supports members in a variety of activities, applies the principles of recovery in assisting members with engagement, awareness, support, and community integration skills. The focus of the peer support specialist is on engagement of the person served, providing hopeful information about recovery and wellness, and providing direct program services through groups and activities. The peer support specialist works under the supervision of the team leader. The peer specialist provides a supportive, safe environment to facilitate the personal growth and recovery of persons served.
What your background should be
- 1 year practical experience. 4 years paid direct care experience. PA peer specialist certification required. Peer state certification, candidate must identify self as a person who has received or is receiving services for a serious mental illness or co-occurring disorder and be willing to share personal recovery journey and experiences with consumers. Must have valid PA driving license and access to personal vehicle.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in social services.
Who is the client company
- Concern about mental health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com